Monday, January 17, 2011

Nestle Tollhouse Cookies

I don't know why this recipe hasn't crossed my mind to 
put on the blog yet!  I guess it's because I was waiting for
a true professional to show us how. 
Thank you, Mom for taking on the job.  
Take it away....
This recipe is a staple at our house, and always has been. 
Whether it is just the fun of making them, eating the dough,
or enjoying the cookies- it is our favorite quick treat.
The Recipe:
(this is doubled from the original- a necessity for us)
  • 2 c. shortening
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • 2 t. salt
  • 4 1/2 c. flour
  • 2 c. Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Cream shortening and sugars (always do this first! They
    turn out much better)
     
  2. Add eggs
     
  3. Mix in dry ingredients 
  4. Stir in chocolate chips
     
  5. Put on ungreased cookie sheets (recently I started doing 
    3 across instead of 4, making them a bit bigger.)
  6. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. (I use convection bake 
    at 345 so I can bake 3 sheets at once)
     
  7. Enjoy!
I like to pull the cookies out at about 10 minutes when they are
lightly browned, then let them set on the cookie sheet for a few 
more minutes before I scoop them off.
 
THANK YOU, MOM! 
EVERYONE loves these....especially the men. There aren't many
sweets that the men can't resist eating more and more of,
but this one seems to be one! As much as I'd love to make fancy
and unique desserts, this is the only one that Dad, Danny and
Tyson all crave!

2 comments:

  1. Great - now I won't be able to get these out of my mind until I make them! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ungreased cookie sheet? Maybe that's my problem...

    ReplyDelete