Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

Great News! Even though nobody responded to the "group effort" idea, Katelin has volunteered to go first. (My profound apologies for not including her in the initial guilt list from last post.) This is proof that family recipes follow you no matter where you go. Even to the ends of the happiest place on earth. So take it away, Kate.



Hi there. Katelin here.

I don't have much to contribute, because I'm very lazy when it comes to cooking. But, today I busted out chicken broccoli casserole. It's not much, but it's something I learned from mom. So, here we go. (even though you all already know how to make this, let me feel like I'm helping.)

I like to have my chicken already cooked, it's fastest to poach it. aka boil it in some water while you watch Lost. So, after your chicken is done, let it cool down!

Get your pan out, line it with foil to make for easier clean up. (I'm all about saving time and energy) Throw in some broccoli. Frozen, fresh, whole, cut, whatever. It's casserole, you can pretty much do whatever you want. Then cut up your chicken and throw that in too.

Then whip out a can of cream of chicken soup. Throw that on there. Stir it if you want, but it'll probably end up the same if you don't. Then slap some cheese on top and bam! You got yourself a casserole! Almost!


Cover with foil and stick in the oven on like 350ยบ then get your rice going, however you make your rice. I had to make it on the stove so it took a while. The casserole needs 20-30 minutes, so figure out the timing :)
Then whip em both out, throw onto a plate, throw the leftovers into some tupperware and take that to work with you. Eat while watching Lost. The end.

3 comments:

  1. guess what! we are having that for dinner today! i am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom usually adds about 1/2 cup of mayo (not miracle whip), and a teaspoon of lemon juice to the cream of chicken.

    Glad to see you're eating something other than pizza Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would watch your cooking show any day, Kate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete