Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dad's Favorite

 How to make Dad happy in just  
FIVE EASY STEPS
 We had the family over tonight for our first bi-monthly Family Home Evening tonight.  It was a good first run........and we're looking forward to many more in the future.  Dad gave us a nice lesson on the our power to choose faith and the gap of expectations.  I claimed the treat before anyone knew it was even an option. Of course.  I'd so much rather make the dessert than set up a lesson.  Anyway, this is one of Dad's favorites.  My mom has made this many-a-time so I had her send me the recipe. 
Man, I need to settle down when I finish making these recipes!  I'm always so anxious to eat that I forget to take a nice picture.  So here's this, looking all messy and not nearly as appetizing as it really is.  I promise.  I guess that just goes to show we can clean a pan, no problem.
And here's Dad's other favorite, eating his favorite.......
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. (one cube) butter
  • 1/2 c. chopped nuts
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • Cool Whip
  • 2 small pkg. butterscotch pudding
  • 3 c. milk
  1. Mix flour, butter, and nuts 
  2. Press into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  (Don't burn it!!) Let cool.
  3. Whip cream cheese, pwd sugar, and at least 1 c. cool whip together and spread on top of crust.
  4. Blend 2 packs of pudding and milk and spread over cream mixture.
  5. Top with cool whip.
 Another spotlightThe NUT CRUSHER!

A few months ago I was at my Grandma's and got to use her awesome nut crusher...grinder?....grater?....I like crusher.  Well she noticed how much I liked it and the next time I went up there she gave me my very own crusher.  Every time I use a recipe that calls for chopped nuts I giggle a little because I get to use the nut crusher.  Thanks, Grandma!  I still love it!

2 comments:

  1. You are a fast blogger!! Thanks for all the hospitality last night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kels -

    I have been looking for this recipe for like a year. Everyone that I ask just looks at me like I'm a loon.

    I was so excited to find it here!!

    ReplyDelete